Women's Soccer
Flaws Named Finalist for Soccer News Net College Boot Award

 
Jannelle Flaws was named a finalist for the 2013 Soccer News Net College Boot award, recognizing the women's college Player of the Year.
Jannelle Flaws was named a finalist for the 2013 Soccer News Net College Boot award, recognizing the women's college Player of the Year.
 

Nov. 25, 2013

Vote for Flaws

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Redshirt-junior Jannelle Flaws was named a finalist for the 2013 Soccer News Net College Boot award, recognizing the women's college Player of the Year. Flaws is one of 36 of the nation's top women's soccer players to be nominated for the award.

Fans from across the country will be able to vote for the top collegiate player until December 18. Online fan voting will account for 40% of the total toward the award. The remaining 60% of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff. The winner of the popular vote will receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award.

Flaws, the 2013 Big Ten Forward of the Year, was instrumental in leading the Illini to the Sweet Sixteen in this year's NCAA Tournament. The Glenview, Ill., native finished her season tied for first in the nation with a school-record 23 goals. She accounted for 43 percent (23 of 54) of Illinois' goals and broke Emily Brown's 14-year-old record of 18 goals from 1999. She found the net in 15 of 23 games, notched five game-winning goals and boasted six multi-goal games, including a pair of hat tricks. Flaws also owns the school record for most shots in a season at 126 and most shots in a game with 14 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament against Portland.

Flaws posted a breakout year in just her second full season on the field. She entered 2013 with just three career goals after only playing in the 2011 season, where she was named to the Big Ten All-Freshman Team. She was sidelined for the 2010 and 2012 seasons due to two knee injuries. After playing in only 45 career games, she ranks seventh in school history with 26 career goals.

HEADLINES