Postgame Notes - Minnesota 38, Illinois 34
Nov. 13, 2010
ILLINOIS Postgame Notes
2. The Illini defense forced one turnover and turned it into a touchdown today, giving them 13 turnovers with 63 points scored off those miscues in the last four games.
3. The Illinois offense had 410 total yards, the second-straight week and fourth time this season that it has topped 400 total yards.
4. The Illini had 201 yards rushing, the fifth time this year they have had over 200 yards on the ground.
2. Leshoure had his sixth 100-yard rushing game of the season, tied for the second-most in school history with Jim Grabowski (1965) and J.C. Caroline (1953). He also has nine 100-yard games in his career, tied for fourth-most with Pierre Thomas (2003-06), Rich Johnson (1966-68) and John Karras (1949-51).
3. Leshoure averaged 7.8 yards on 18 attempts, a season-high. His previous season-high was 7.6 yards per carry against Southern Illinois.
4. Leshoure had two touchdowns today, giving him 14 total touchdowns for the season and 10 in the last three games. The 14 scores rank third all-time on the Illinois single-season touchdown list.
5. Junior Martez Wilson had a career-high 15 tackles today. He has been Illinois' leading tackler six times this year and also has reached double figures six times.√ 6. Junior A.J. Jenkins had six catches for a career-high 137 receiving yards. It marks the third time in his career and second time this season that he has recorded over 100 receiving yards.
7. Redshirt-freshman Nathan Scheelhaase had 35 rushing yards today, giving him 587 for the season to move up to third all-time for single-season rushing yards by a quarterback.
8. In the last four games, Scheelhaase is now 53-for-87 for 701 yards with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also has 299 rushing yards during that span.
9. Freshman Spencer Harris had the first touchdown of his career on a 17-yard pass from Scheelhaase in the third quarter.