1. Christian Morton's first quarter 80-yard punt return for a touchdown was the first for Illinois since Eugene Wilson returned a punt 65 yards last year against Arkansas State. It was the seventh-longest punt return in Illinois history and the longest since 1960 when Ethan Blackaby returned a punt 88 yards against Wisconsin.
3. With three touchdown passes today, Illinois quarterback Kurt Kittner moves into second place on Illinois' career TD list. Kittner now has 43 career TD's, one more than Jason Verduzco and 12 behind Jack Trudeau's 55 career TD's. Today was Kittner's sixth 3-touchdown pass game of his career. Kittner also moved into fourth place on Illinois' career passing yardage list. With 277 yards in the air today, Kittner has 5,300 passing yards in his career, passing both Jeff George's 5,189 career yards and Johnny Johnson's 5,293 career yards.
4. Illinois sophomore receiver Aaron Moorehead had his second career 2-touchdown game today. He also caught two TD's against Iowa this year. Moorehead finished his day with 103 receiving yards, his second 100-plus yard game of his career. He had 125 yards receiving against Iowa.
5. Illinois gave up a total of 447 rushing yards to Indiana today. The last time Illinois gave up that many yards on the ground was in 1986, when Nebraska had 470 rushing yards against Illinois.
6. Over the first nine games of the 2000 season, Indiana's defense has yet to allow a point on an opponent's opening drive of a game.
7. With a four-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, Indiana QB Antwaan Randle El became only the 12th quarterback in NCAA Division IA history to rush for more than 2,500 career yards (2,663 total). He reached this mark in 31 career games.
8. Indiana's 447 rushing yards as a team marked the seventh time in nine games that the Hoosiers have surpassed the 200-yard rushing mark in a game and the second time it has surpassed the 400-yard rushing mark.
9. Randle El's 209 rushing yards marked the 10th 100 yard-plus rushing game of his career. It is his second 200 yard-plus rushing game of his career. He finished the day one yard short of his career high 210-yard performance against Iowa this season.
10. With his 209 rushing yards today, Randle El moved into ninth place on the NCAA Division I career rushing yards by a quarterback list. Randle El has 2,663 career rushing yards.