Sept. 26, 2009
Final Stats |
AP Action Photos
- Juice Williams rushed for 18 yards, jumping up to 10th on Illinois' all-time rushing list with 2,144 yards, moving past Johnny Karras' 2,135 yards. He remains fourth on the Big Ten quarterback rushing list, inching closer to Rickey Foggie's total of 2,150 yards.
- Williams moved up to sixth on the Illinois all-time rushing attempts list with his 15 carries. He now has 523 career rushes, moving past Rich Johnson's total of 521 carries.
- Williams' 95 total yards inched him closer to the Illinois career total yardage mark. He now has 8,805 yards and is 75 behind Kurt Kittner's school record of 8,880, a mark that ranks 10th in Big Ten history.
- Arrelious Benn had 89 yards in kickoff returns, which moves him to eighth on the school's career list with 790. He entered the day at No. 10 and passed Rocky Harvey's 738 yards and Keith Jones' 739.
- Walter Aikens became the fifth Illini true freshman to play this season, joining Michael Buchanan, Justin Green, Terry Hawthorne and Joelil Thrash.
- Illinois held Ohio State to 82 passing yards, marking the first time since last years' game against the Buckeyes (49 yards) that an opposing team has been held under 100 yards passing. OSU had 0 passing yards in first half.
- Donsay Hardeman led the Illini in tackles with eight, tying his career-high.
- Clay Nurse posted a career-high 2.0 tackles for loss against the Buckeyes.
- Evan Frierson's forced fumble in fourth quarter was the first of his career.