Postgame Notes - Illinois vs. Washington - September 14, 2013
Sept. 14, 2013
Illinois Postgame Notes
1. Senior quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase earned his first rushing touchdown of the year and passed for his seventh touchdown, marking his third consecutive game with multiple TDs. He now has eight career games with at least one passing and rushing touchdown.
2. Senior wide receiver Ryan Lankford caught a career-long 72-yard touchdown from Scheelhaase, equaling the ninth-longest touchdown pass in school history. It is the longest touchdown reception since the 77-yard TD catch by A.J. Jenkins on Oct. 8, 2011, at Indiana.
3. Lankford finished with three catches for 100 yards, marking his second 100-yard receiving game this year and the third of his career.
4. Freshman Aaron Bailey recorded his second career touchdown on a career-long 10-yard rush. On the season, he has four first downs and two touchdowns on seven carries.
5. Senior Miles Osei threw a career-long 35-yard pass to junior Matt LaCosse for his first pass completion of the season and fifth of his career. The play also marked a career-long reception for LaCosse.
6. Senior linebacker Jonathan Brown led the Illini for the third-straight game with a season-high 15 tackles, including his first full sack and 1.5 TFLs. It marked his most tackles since posting 17 against Ohio State on Oct. 15, 2011.
7. Sophomore Eaton Spence reached double-digit tackles for the first time in his career with 14 tonight, which equaled the second-most tackles by an Illini this year.
10. Senior Tim Kynard had his first sack of the season and a career-high 2.5 TFLs.
11. Junior Justin DuVernois punted five times with an average of 45.2 yards, ranking as the third-best average of his career.
12. Illinois played its second-ever game at Soldier Field today in front of 47,312 fans. More than 10,000 tickets were sold in the final week leading up to the game. The only other time that the Illini have played in Soldier Field was a 10-9 loss to Washington State on Sept. 1, 1994.