Postgame Notes - Illinois vs. Dartmouth - December 10, 2013
Dec. 10, 2013
Illinois Postgame Notes
1. Illinois won its 29th straight non-conference game at State Farm Center and increased its home court winning streak in regular season non-conference games to 40.
2. UI held its opponent under 70 points for the 10th time to start the season, marking the first time it has accomplished the feat since the 2005-06 Illini squad did so in the first 16 games.
3. Illinois earned its 1,699th win in program history and is now one victory shy of becoming the 13th program in the NCAA to record 1,700 wins.
4. The Illini shot over 50 percent for the second consecutive game and third time this season, finishing 26-of-50 (52 percent) from the field.
5. Senior Rayvonte Rice totaled a team-high 13 points and became the first Illini newcomer to score in double figures in each of his first 10 games since Kiwane Garris did so in his first 10 games as a freshman in 1993-94.
6. Rice led the Illini in scoring for the fifth game in a row and seventh time this season.
7. Freshman Malcolm Hill reached double figures for the first time in his career with 10 points and hit a career-high two three-pointers.
8. Senior Joseph Bertrand scored in double figures for the seventh time this season, tallying 11 points.
9. Five Illini scored in double figures - Rice (13), Bertrand (11), Nnanna Egwu (11), Jon Ekey (11) and Hill (10) - marking the second time UI has had a season-high five double-digit scorers. Illinois also did so against Jacksonville State (11/10/13).
10. Illinois led wire-to-wire for the fourth time this season.