Nov. 18, 2009
#23 Illinois 80, Northern Illinois 61
November 17, 2009
Assembly Hall; Champaign, Ill.
1. Brandon Paul led Illinois in scoring for the second consecutive game with 20 points, all scored in the first half. Paul also accounted for every Illini three-pointer in the game, shooting 4-of-8 from behind the arc. Two games into the season, Paul is averaging 21.0 points per game.
2. Mike Davis set a new career high with 17 rebounds. Davis also had a double-double for the second straight game, with 14 points to go along with his rebounds. He now has 11 double-doubles for his career.
3. Davis also set new career-highs in free throws made (6) and free throw attempts (8).
4. Demetri McCamey had eight assists, leading the Illini for the second straight game. He is now averaging 7.5 assists through the first two games.
5. Mike Tisdale scored 10 points in the game, all in the second half, going a perfect 4-of-4 from the free throw line.
6. Illinois had five players in double figures. Along with Paul, Davis and Tisdale, McCamey (10 points) and Dominique Keller (10 points) each hit the double figure mark.
7. Illinois has now shot 56 free throws in two games, an average of 28 free throws a game. Last season, the Illini averaged 12 trips to the line per game.
8. The Illini had 10 blocks in the game, with Davis, Tisdale, Paul and Keller each recording two. It was the most blocked shots since the Illini also had 10 blocks at Indiana last season.