1. Illinois improved to 3-0 on the season with the 64-52 victory. It marks the 14th-straight season the Illini have started the season with at least three consecutive wins, a streak that began in 2000-01.
2. Illinois won its 25th straight non-conference game at State Farm Center, and extended its home court winning streak in regular-season non-conference games to 36 in a row.
3. Illinois is now 11-0 in November under head coach John Groce, and overall has won its last 22 games in the month of November.
4. With a two-point lead (49-47) under five minutes to go, Illinois went on a 15-5 run to close out the victory.
5. The Illini never trailed in today's game and have not trailed over the past 117:05 after only falling behind briefly in the opening minutes of the season opener against Alabama State.
6. UI overcame its third-lowest shooting performance (31.8 percent) under coach Groce thanks to stingy defense that held the Crusaders to just 32.7 percent (17-of-52) from the field.
7. Junior Rayvonte Rice led the Orange and Blue in scoring for the second time in three games with a game-high 18 points.
8. Illinois won the rebounding battle 49-36, led by graduate student Jon Ekey, who grabbed a career-high 15 boards (8 offensive), marking the most by an Illini under coach Groce. His previous best at Illinois State was 13 rebounds, which he totaled twice.
9. Along with Rice, senior Joseph Bertrand (14 points) and junior Nnanna Egwu (10 points) reached double figures for the third game in a row, while junior Tracy Abrams (12 points) was the fourth Illini in double digits.
10. Former Illini great Roger Powell Jr., who is now in his third season as an assistant coach at Valparaiso, was on the opposing bench tonight. Powell played at Illinois from 2002-05, helping the Illini to three Big Ten titles and 114 wins during his career. He totaled 1,178 points with the Orange and Blue, currently ranked 32nd on the school's all-time scoring list.