Feb. 15, 2012
Purdue 67, Illinois 62
Illinois Postgame Notes
Feb. 15, 2012 // Assembly Hall, Champaign, Ill. // Attendance: 14,339
1. Tracy Abrams set a career-high in points with a game-high 22 against Purdue on 9-of-16 shooting. Abrams previous best was nine points when Illinois hosted Wisconsin on Jan. 22, 2012.
2. Brandon Paul - who entered tonight third in Big Ten games with 19.5 points per contest - was second on the team with 19 points against the Boilermakers. Paul has netted double digits in points in the last 15 contests, including all 13 Big Ten games.
3. In addition to scoring 12 points, one of three Illini in double-figures, Joseph Bertrand tied a career-high with five assists.
4. Meyers Leonard reached double-figures in rebounding for the 10th time this season, with 12 against Purdue. Entering the contest Leonard ranked third in the conference with 8.0 rebounds per game.
5. The Orange and Blue won the battle down low, nearly doubling Purdue's points in the paint total, 38-20. The margin was the second-largest in Big Ten play this season (34-12 vs. Nebraska).
6. Despite being out-rebounded 34-29 overall and 12-8 on the offensive glass, the Illini were able to manufacture more second-chance points during the contest, 14-8.
7. Illinois reached double-figures in fast break points for the third time this season, outscoring Purdue, 10-0, in the category.
8. The Illini are now tied for the most games decided by five points or less in the nation this season with 13 along with Delaware and Gardner-Webb.