Postgame Notes - #1/1 Ohio State 73, #23/22 Illinois 68
Jan. 22, 2011
#1/1 Ohio State 73, #22/23 Illinois 68
1. Jereme Richmond turned in his first career double-double, scoring a career-high 18 points on 9-of-12 shooting and grabbing 10 rebounds.
3. The Illini defense held an opponent under 40 percent for the sixth-straight game, as the Buckeyes shot 39.6 percent (21-of-53) from the field.
4. Illinois outscored Ohio State 34-18 in the paint, marking the 12th time the Illini won the battle down low this season.
5. The Illini bench held a 28-13 advantage over the Buckeyes bench, giving Illinois the edge in the category for the sixth-straight game.
6. Tisdale recorded 3 blocks on the day, tying his season high for the fifth time this year.
7. Illinois closed out the first half on an 8-0 run over the final 4:24 to grab a 34-33 lead at the break. The Illini suffered their first loss of the season after leading at halftime (13-1).
8. The Illini only committed nine turnovers, their third-lowest total this year.
9. Illinois sold out Assembly Hall (16,618) for the fifth time this season.